Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Year in Review: September

Wait... what??? How are we in September already?? What happened to August?? Funny you should ask... because my real August came and went about that fast. August was when work started going crazy and it didn't stop until mid-November. Luckily, by September, I realized that I needed to force some balance in my life and found some time to play. Plus it was my birthday and Brian decided to spoil the crap out of me. Who could resist that???

Birthday recap: Brian took me sailing for my birthday (one week early), and while the other couples stayed where it was safe, Brian & I braved the open waters on the front of the sailboat. I was getting splashed like crazy, holding on for dear life as the wind picked up, and almost fell through an open hatch. Once safe in the harbor, we floated as we ate dinner and a beautiful chocolate cake. On my actual day, he had surprise after surprise waiting for me including breakfast in bed and tickets to Wicked. It was the perfect birthday.

Other fun-ness: Labor day at the beach with friends, my first fancy steak dinner @ Ruth's Chris, BYU vs UCLA football game, and a weekend trip to St. George.

Before getting on the sailboat, our friend told us it was customary for sailors to do a jig before they're allowed to get on the boat. Yeah, he's a liar. But we jigged it up anyway. If you listen carefully at the very beginning, you can hear me ask Brian, "What kind of a jig?" Does it matter??? How many jigs do I know???

No comments: