Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Year in Review: November

Sweeeeeet November.

Karin (my boss) came back from maternity leave and the craziness died down, I survived my first ward service auction as service committee co-chair and we raised over $10,000 to help provide Christmas for families in our stake, and Brian took me to Wicked for my birthday. (that's right - I milked my birthday into November.)

Brian & I had an amazing weekend getaway to Utah for his birthday. We got to spend time with Granny & Grandpa and explored Sundance. It was so nice to get away from work and LA for a couple days. Some idiot (me) forgot to put candles in his guac at chipotle as he requested. The same idiot (still me unfortunately) forgot to take pictures as he blew out the candles of the beautiful baseball cake I made him. So here I am forcing him to blow out candles in cantaloupe. Apparently he just turned 4.
The entire Swenson clan got together in St. George for Thanksgiving! I paraded Brian through Mom, Dad, Kate, Collin & Linds, both sets of grandparents, 2 aunts, 2 uncles, 6 cousins, 4 kids of cousins, 9 Ellis', 6 Ferrells, and 4 Carters. That's what we like to call "the ringer." He took it like a champ and we had a great time. We apparently like things in sets of two... we played tennis twice, played the name game twice, ate at Cafe Rio twice, biking twice (Brian, not me), and watched 2 1/2 BYU sporting events. And then there was Nertz. I estimated 47 rounds of Nertz in a 5-day period. It's no longer something we play because we want to - it's something we NEED. And as much as we say it's for the love of the game... we all want to win and being paired with a weak link hurts more than we ever want to admit. Lucky for me, Brian's a Nertz up and comer and held his own. Watch out Crawford's, we're coming for ya.

5 comments:

Brian said...

It may not look like it, but there is some serious air coming out of that mouth of mine!

Cami said...

Hey Ali! How are you doing? It looks like you are doing great. I found your blog through Jenn Rockwood's and Michael Smith's blogs. You look great. Tell your family the Long's say hi.

Katy said...

Hey Ali....I feel like I am trailing behind Cami as she has found out lot of old "Batesville People"'s blogs! Just stopping in to say hi!

Angie Fellows said...

AWWW- the Swenson clan. Man I miss you guys. The sweet times of nertz and what was that game with the Big Daddy and Little Daddy that the Big Dog always played?

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for "Nertz". It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don't mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks again