Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Year in Review: June

Busy month! Weekend trip to San Diego, my first business trip to Cincinnati (going back to my mid-west roots!), Kenny G/Chris Botti concert (jealous much?), trip to Mexico with 20 friends from the ward, The Format concert, my first mud run, & a trip to Lake Powell with BFF Krista Davis.

Wow! Is this guy into me or WHAT?!?! =) Lucky me. This is from our trip to Mexico.
Just to make the trip more exciting, I got pulled over for some bogus reason and had to pay the cop off. That's what we call the full Mexico experience.




Totally blog worthy... Krista (2nd from the left) was signed up for a mudrun down in San Diego so I went to spectate since we were making the trek out to Lake Powell that same day - it made sense. A mudrun is a 10K run on a marine course complete with muddy obstacles that you do in teams of 5. They spray you down with fire hoses, make you jump over walls, crawl through tunnels and under flags - all doused in what can only be sewage water/mud/portapotty overspill. I showed up day of in pjs on zero hours of sleep (don't ask), but when group member #5 failed to show up... guess who got to participate. I scrounged a fairly pathetic outfit from our Lake Powell bags including all cotton clothes and Krista's old soccer cleats - a size and a half too big with huge holes in the toes. People were looking at me like I was crazy. And as I passed the first aid stand... the sports medicine doctor there asked me my size, and GAVE me her shoes. Not to borrow - to keep. That's right - the ones she was wearing. I couldn't believe it. If that doesn't give you faith in the goodness of people I don't know what will. And not that winning's all that matters, but we rocked the thing and ended up taking 9th place.

No comments: